Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fabio Bondioli <fb...@autentiweb.com> on 2005/06/01 08:29:00 UTC

newbie: call tapestry page with parameters from external web site

Hi,
i'm in my day one with tapestry and I would like to know how to call a
specific tapestry page and  pass some parameters to it.

I found the same question in this mailing-list archive, without a right
solution.

I've tried implementing the IExternalPage interface and calling it with
a link like this one:

http://localhost:8080/tapestry1/app?service=external/Home&someText=thistext

but in my activateExternalPage(Object[] parm1, IRequestCycle parm2)
function both parm1 and parm2.getServiceParameters() are null.

Any hint?

Re: newbie: call tapestry page with parameters from external web site -- Solved

Posted by Fabio Bondioli <fb...@autentiweb.com>.
I've just found the solution by my own...

The relevant information were in API docs, under ExternalService
documentation (I previously searched only on IExternalPage and
IExternalLink doc but found nothing...)

the working link is this one:

http://localhost:8080/tapestry1/app?service=external/Home&sp=Sthistext&sp=SanotherText

So the parameters must be called everytime "sp" and its value must
follow specifications as reported in ExternalService docs.

Best Regards

Fabio

Posted by Fabio Bondioli <fb...@autentiweb.com>.
Thanks very much Erik, your solution is even better!

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.