Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pedro Januário <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 12:30:07 UTC

Problem with javascript form submit

Hi,

I'm stuck with strange behaviour of tapestry (i think so).
I have a simple tapestry form and when i try to execute the form submit
under javascript ( using $('formId').submit ), the form isn't submitted.
Anyone have a clue on it?

Regards,

*Pedro Januário*
*Delivering Innovation and Technology*

Re: Problem with javascript form submit

Posted by Pedro Januário <pr...@gmail.com>.
I found the gotcha! :D

It's my mistake but it's a strange behaviour caused by Tapestry.
When we have a submit button inside a form, and the submit has no name, the
tapestry gives him the name submit.
For that reason we don't have the submit function in the form but the submit
element, that is overriding the function submit.