Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Robert Stevenson <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 21:45:39 UTC

Anything Ruby Can Do?

Hey everyone!  I am going through the Buildr documentation and am
stuck on the following section:

Anything Ruby Can Do
http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/more_stuff.html#anything_ruby_can_do

Where exactly in the buildfile should the "distro" method go in order
to be able to call it from the "distro-axis2" project as in the Buildr
manual?

Now, what if I had a method, ex "distro" that I wanted to call and
wanted it called as the last thing in the "distro-axis2" project's
build flow?

Thanks for the help!
-Rob

Re: Anything Ruby Can Do?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Robert Stevenson <
robert.stevenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone!  I am going through the Buildr documentation and am
> stuck on the following section:
>
> Anything Ruby Can Do
> http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/more_stuff.html#anything_ruby_can_do
>
> Where exactly in the buildfile should the "distro" method go in order
> to be able to call it from the "distro-axis2" project as in the Buildr
> manual?

The method can go in any parent scope or before the top-level project.

> Now, what if I had a method, ex "distro" that I wanted to call and
> wanted it called as the last thing in the "distro-axis2" project's
> build flow?

With Rake you can add processing to any task by using the "enhance" method,
such as:

project("foo").compile.enhance do
  # whatever you want to do
end

where "compile" can be any kind of project task, including "build",
"package", "test", etc.

alex