Posted to users@maven.apache.org by D D <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/08 04:14:02 UTC

WAR Plugin and webResources

Quick question: I noticed that webResources section to include something in
a war via parent pom fails to execute. The webResources section is omitted
during execution. Copying the same section to a the actual pom war works
just fine. Is it by design or a bug?

More often than not I have to include an xmi file. Location of the file is
dictated by another tool. I thought that I could save some typing and
include the file in the parent pom. I tried all recent versions of the war
plugin to no avail.

Also I remember a discussion on this forum regarding overlays. Is overlay a
suitable solution?

Thanks,
Dave