Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/10/18 21:54:17 UTC

JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5

I'm looking at what it would take to include an implementation of JSTL
1.2 (JSR 52) for compliance with JEE 5 in Geronimo.  We currently
include the Jakarta implementation of the 1.1 spec in some of our web
applications (such as the web console) but not directly in the Geronimo
J2EE server.

I think the first order of business is to see if I can pick up an open
source implementation and spec from someplace.  I asked on the Jakarta
taglibs user mailing list and was told that there is not an effort
underway to implement the 1.2 version of this spec.  They then pointed
me to Glassfish.

So, I'm planning to investigate what it would take to include the
Glassfish implementation into Geronimo.  If any body has any
concerns/objections/recommendations/insight/etc...  please speak up.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Thanks for the info.   It looks like we both found the same thing at
about the same time :-)

Joe

Re: JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Ok, I've found jstl on the java.net repo at this location:

https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository/jstl/

Are there any issues with downloading items from java.net?

Unfortunately it's substantially larger that what we had with JSTL 1.1
and it appears that the reason is it includes a whole lot more stuff
(strangely most of it under an org\apache\... path).

THe other strange thing is that this jstl jar doesn't match the content
of the one included with the full Glassfish download (which is a good
thing since the jar in the full image only seems to include the extra
gorp and not the classes that we need from the spec).

Joe

Re: JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5