Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/07 04:55:22 UTC

[DRAFT][REPORT] Apache NiFi - April 2016

NiFi Community,

Please review the included April 2016 report for the Apache board.
If anything seems inaccurate or missing please advise.

Thanks
Joe

--

Report from the Apache NiFi committee [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process
 and distribute data.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Released NiFi 0.5 with considerable new core features and extensions.
 - Released NiFi 0.6 adding features to set stage for 1.0 release.
 - Substantial progress made toward the 1.0 release line which is now
 being built on master.
 - Meetups featuring NiFi talks have occurred in the reporting period in
 Santa Clara, Chicago, WashingtonDC, New York City, Baltimore,
 Toronto, Dublin, Denmark, Montreal
 - Established child project known as 'MiNiFi' to provide an
 alternative command and control and implementation model tailored
 toward the first mile challenges of data acquisition. JIRA and Git
 infrastructure setup and contributions underway.

## Health report:
 - Activity on mailing lists, JIRA, Git continues trending well.
 - During the last review cycle several new committers have joined.
 - Pipeline for PMC progression is very strong.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 13 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members in the last three months.
 - Last PMC addition was Sean Busbey on Wed Nov 25 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 21 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Andy LoPresto was added as a committer on Sat Apr 02 2016
    - Oleg Zhurakousky was added as a committer on Wed Mar 16 2016
    - Matt Burgess was added as a committer on Fri Mar 04 2016
    - Joe Skora was added as a committer on Mon Feb 15 2016

## Releases:

 - nifi-0.6.0 was released on Fri Mar 25 2016
 - nifi-0.5.1 was released on Thu Feb 25 2016
 - nifi-0.5.0 was released on Mon Feb 15 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache NiFi - April 2016

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Great - thanks Joey.  Added to latest.

Here is the report i am submitting:

----
Report from the Apache NiFi committee [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process
 and distribute data.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Released NiFi 0.5 with considerable new core features and extensions.
 - Released NiFi 0.6 adding features to set stage for 1.0 release.
 - Key features and milestones for 1.0 release have been put together by the
 community in a public roadmap and are in active development. Our default
 version control branch (master) is now dedicated to 1.0 development.
 - The community has put together a plan and guidelines for
 contributors to develop features for both 1.0 and 0.X lines concurrently
 - Meetups featuring NiFi talks have occurred in the reporting period in
 Santa Clara, Chicago, WashingtonDC, New York City, Baltimore, Seattle,
 Toronto, Dublin, Denmark, Montreal
 - Established child project known as 'MiNiFi' to provide an
 alternative command and control and implementation model tailored
 toward the first mile challenges of data acquisition. JIRA and Git
 infrastructure setup and contributions underway.

## Health report:
 - Activity on mailing lists, JIRA, Git continues trending well.
 - During the last review cycle several new committers have joined.
 - Based on growth of active committers the pipeline for
 PMC progression is strong. We need to better formulate how to progress
 to PMC.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 13 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members in the last three months.
 - Last PMC addition was Sean Busbey on Wed Nov 25 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 21 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Andy LoPresto was added as a committer on Sat Apr 02 2016
    - Oleg Zhurakousky was added as a committer on Wed Mar 16 2016
    - Matt Burgess was added as a committer on Fri Mar 04 2016
    - Joe Skora was added as a committer on Mon Feb 15 2016

## Releases:

 - nifi-0.6.0 was released on Fri Mar 26 2016

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
Joe,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Aldrin input: Fixed date.