Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com> on 2008/10/18 20:18:45 UTC

Simulation of Button click action in JMeter

Hi,

We have a test plan where we have to perform following steps

1) Send XML over HTTPS
   Server will responsd with resonse in XML format
  The resonse contains a tag which contains the URL of the page to be hit in step 2
2) so extract the URL from response and send the request
    Now in reponse there are two possibilites as below:

		1.	Request XML contained all required information. The module will response with a HTTP 302 redirect
		2.	Request XML misses few mandatory information. The module will return an HTML page where missing payment information can be entered. Steps to be performed after that are

			*	Request HTML data from module
			*	Validate HTML fields

				*	Payment product and request XML specific
				*	Fields to be compared have been predefined

3) Post HTML form - here after feeling all required information we need to click on button to submit form so can we simulate the button click in JMeter?

Regards,

Ragini

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

Re: Simulation of Button click action in JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/10/2008, Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We have a test plan where we have to perform following steps
>
>  1) Send XML over HTTPS
>    Server will responsd with resonse in XML format
>   The resonse contains a tag which contains the URL of the page to be hit in step 2
>  2) so extract the URL from response and send the request
>     Now in reponse there are two possibilites as below:
>
>                 1.      Request XML contained all required information. The module will response with a HTTP 302 redirect
>                 2.      Request XML misses few mandatory information. The module will return an HTML page where missing payment information can be entered. Steps to be performed after that are
>
>                         *       Request HTML data from module
>                         *       Validate HTML fields
>
>                                 *       Payment product and request XML specific
>                                 *       Fields to be compared have been predefined
>
>  3) Post HTML form - here after feeling all required information we need to click on button to submit form so can we simulate the button click in JMeter?

A button click on a form is just an HTTP request with parameters and
URL specified by the form. Try using the Proxy Recorder to capture
what a browser does.

Have a look at:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/primer.html

for some useful information on HTTP and forms