Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Lindsell, O (Owen)" <O....@rl.ac.uk> on 2005/11/29 13:17:39 UTC

War File Not Created During Build

Hi,
I'm trying to install cocoon on Windows 2000 server.  I downloaded the latest stable version (2.1.8) and ran the command: "build webapp"
According to the install instructions this should generate a file "cocoon.war".  This file isn't created.  I tried again with the command: "build -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp"
Still no war file was generated.
Can anyone help me with this?
The build appears to work perfectly apart from no generating the war file.  It generates a webapp directory, so perhaps I could build the war file manually.
Owen.

Re: War File Not Created During Build

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
I knew it had to be something simple like that!

Thanx Joerg

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Joerg Heinicke
                      <joerg.heinicke@g        To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                      mx.de>                   cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: War File Not Created During Build
                      12/12/2005 05:21
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      users

On 29.11.2005 16:33, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com wrote:

> Is there a target to list valid targets, and a short description of each?
> A quick perusal of build.xml (and imported build files) didn't turn up
> anything promising.

Ant provides this list by "build -projecthelp", but the generated list
heavily depends on the documented targets.

Jörg

Re: War File Not Created During Build

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 29.11.2005 16:33, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com wrote:

> Is there a target to list valid targets, and a short description of each?
> A quick perusal of build.xml (and imported build files) didn't turn up
> anything promising.

Ant provides this list by "build -projecthelp", but the generated list
heavily depends on the documented targets.

Jörg

Re: War File Not Created During Build

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
Is there a target to list valid targets, and a short description of each?
A quick perusal of build.xml (and imported build files) didn't turn up
anything promising.

Thanx,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Upayavira
                      <uv...@odoko.co.uk>         To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                                               cc:
                      11/29/2005 07:25         Subject:  Re: War File Not Created During Build
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      users

Lindsell, O (Owen) wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install cocoon on Windows 2000 server.  I downloaded the
latest stable version (2.1.8) and ran the command: "build webapp"
> According to the install instructions this should generate a file
"cocoon.war".  This file isn't created.  I tried again with the command:
"build -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp"
> Still no war file was generated.
> Can anyone help me with this?
> The build appears to work perfectly apart from no generating the war
file.  It generates a webapp directory, so perhaps I could build the war
file manually.
> Owen.

surely you should be doing "build war" not "build webapp". The latter
just creates a webapp dir in build/webapp, but doesn't create a war file
from it.

Those docs sound like they're wrong. Where are they?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: War File Not Created During Build

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.