Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paula Estrella <pa...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2006/03/27 19:00:30 UTC

how to save results to disk?

Hi, I'm developing a small application with cocoon 2.1.8  under windows and I'd like to know if it's possible to store (server  side) a dinamically generated xml document, i.e. I genrate a document  result.xml with some input from users and I want to perform some action  to store this document in the server as <user>-result.xml
  Any ideas how I could do this?
  Thank you in advance

  Paula
Correo Yahoo!

Re: source writing transformer and file refreshing

Posted by Paula Estrella <pa...@yahoo.com.ar>.
Thanks again, that solved the problem! (and fyi cocoon 2.1.8 and windows xp sp2)
  best,
  Paula

Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> escribió:  Hi Paula, Would you post a simple demo of your problem? Before that,
please try to turn off the cache for this pipeline. BTW, cocoon version, OS?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Re: how to save results to disk?

Posted by Paula Estrella <pa...@yahoo.com.ar>.
Thank you all, for your expertise! I followed your advice and could do what I wanted.
  Paula

Nico Verwer <nv...@be-value.nl> escribió:  Paula Estrella wrote:

> Hi, I'm developing a small application with cocoon 2.1.8 under windows
> and I'd like to know if it's possible to store (server side) a
> dinamically generated xml document, i.e. I genrate a document
> result.xml with some input from users and I want to perform some
> action to store this document in the server as -result.xml
> Any ideas how I could do this?

Have a look at the SourceWritingTransformer
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/sourcewriting-transformer.html).
This will do what you want.

Posted by Nico Verwer <nv...@be-value.nl>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Paula,

I am glad to see cocoon is getting hot in LA. ;-)

Some links:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebDAVCMS
Older way:

Posted by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com>.
Check out the xml binding example.  There's a saveDocument(document,
uri) function in the flowscript.

See the file
cocoon-2.1.8\build\webapp\samples\blocks\forms\flow\binding_example.js

Perhaps that will contain something to help you.

See ya,
Brian