Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@google.com> on 2012/09/18 17:48:53 UTC

Uncrustifying iOS

I've now checked in bin/uncrustify.sh on iOS.

Running it changes a tonne of files though, so it would be best if there
were very few outstanding changes to people's local repos when it gets run.

I still need to merge in the FileTransfer abort & progress events patches,
but then I'll be synced up. Is there anyone else that has changes they want
to merge before this gets run?

Just a reminder that what we're trying to do here, is use the iOS repo as a
test case to see how well this tool works. We won't be using uncrustify on
any other repos unless a bunch of time goes by and we're really happy with
it.

Andrew

Re: Uncrustifying iOS

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Done and done (ran it and committed the changes).

There is also a hooks directory in the iOS depot with a pre-commit check
that lints your code with uncrustify. If you'd like to use it:

cd .git
rm -r hooks
ln -s ../hooks .

Otherwise, please run the bin/uncrustify.sh command manually before
checking in code on iOS.

After we try this out for a while, let's collect feedback as to whether we
like it or not.

Re: Uncrustifying iOS

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uncrustifying iOS