Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl> on 2007/04/19 09:55:47 UTC

Inclusion of fragments: can it be done ?

Hi all,

Is it possible to have fragment libraries, which can be imported from
the other PSMLs? What I'm looking for is *including* a collection of
fragments with one statement. I found in a previous project that I was
copying fragments all the time. This practice is also bad for
maintainibility, obviously. Any input would be appreciated..

regards,
Dennis Dam

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11

Re: JSTL issues

Posted by Brian Nielsen <br...@sweetxml.org>.
Bob,

I'm also using JSTL without any problems. But I don't there is a
'paramScope ' [1], do you mean 'PageScope'? You can iterate the
'parameterMap' like:

<c:forEach var="parameter" items="${renderRequest.parameterMap}">
</c:forEach></td>
</c:forEach>

I see no need to use <c:set> with actionUrl because there is a 'var'
attribute on the actionUrl and renderURL, like this example:

<portlet:defineObjects />
<portlet:renderURL portletMode="view" secure="false"
windowState="maximized" var="maxViewUrl" />

Brgds, Brian.

[1] http://www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=30946&seqNum=7&rl=1

RE: JSTL issues

JSTL issues

Re: Inclusion of fragments: can it be done ?

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>.
David,

thanks for the answer. I already got the hint from Ate earlier that it
was not possible, just wanted to re-raise the question here.. I made a
new Jira issue for this feature:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-686

regards,
Dennis

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Dennis Dam wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to have fragment libraries, which can be imported from
>> the other PSMLs? What I'm looking for is *including* a collection of
>> fragments with one statement. I found in a previous project that I
>> was copying fragments all the time. This practice is also bad for
>> maintainibility, obviously. Any input would be appreciated..
>>

> There is no "reference" or "include" PSML tag for Jetspeed-2
> If you want to create a new JIRA issue as a new feature, that would be
> fine
> The challenge with fragment "includes" is that we still need to create
> unique fragment ids

Hippo
Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466

Re: Inclusion of fragments: can it be done ?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.