Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/10/16 19:00:35 UTC

ant build-contrib fails on trunk?

When I run ant build-contrib on current trunk, I hit this:

compile-core:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/lucene/tmp2/build/contrib/instantiated/classes/java
    [javac] /lucene/tmp2/contrib/instantiated/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/instantiated/InstantiatedTermDocumentInformation.java:48:
compareTo(org.apache.lucene.index.Term) in
org.apache.lucene.index.Term cannot be applied to
(org.apache.lucene.store.instantiated.InstantiatedTerm)
    [javac]       return
instantiatedTermDocumentInformation.getTerm().getTerm().compareTo(instantiatedTermDocumentInformation1.getTerm());
    [javac]                                                         ^
    [javac] 1 error

Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

Re: ant build-contrib fails on trunk?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK thanks!

Mike

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
It was not the generics change, it was a bug in the comparator. There was
one getTerm() missing. I'll add.

The compile found the error, because of generics, the signature didn't match
correct (in 1.4 it was just Object without a generics hint, now its Object
and Term, but InstantiatedTerm does not match).

Committed revision: 826011

-----

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Fixed. What an error in contrib./istantiated, found because of generics. :-)
One positive affect of generics and type safety.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Michael McCandless
<lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

When I run ant build-contrib on current trunk, I hit this:

compile-core:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/lucene/tmp2/build/contrib/instantiated/classes/java
   [javac]
/lucene/tmp2/contrib/instantiated/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/instantia
ted/InstantiatedTermDocumentInformation.java:48:
compareTo(org.apache.lucene.index.Term) in
org.apache.lucene.index.Term cannot be applied to
(org.apache.lucene.store.instantiated.InstantiatedTerm)
   [javac]       return
instantiatedTermDocumentInformation.getTerm().getTerm().compareTo(instantiat
edTermDocumentInformation1.getTerm());
   [javac]                                                         ^
   [javac] 1 error

Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: ant build-contrib fails on trunk?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
yes, not just you

lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> When I run ant build-contrib on current trunk, I hit this:
>
> compile-core:
>    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
> /lucene/tmp2/build/contrib/instantiated/classes/java
>    [javac]
> /lucene/tmp2/contrib/instantiated/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/instantiated/InstantiatedTermDocumentInformation.java:48:
> compareTo(org.apache.lucene.index.Term) in
> org.apache.lucene.index.Term cannot be applied to
> (org.apache.lucene.store.instantiated.InstantiatedTerm)
>    [javac]       return
>
> instantiatedTermDocumentInformation.getTerm().getTerm().compareTo(instantiatedTermDocumentInformation1.getTerm());
>    [javac]                                                         ^
>    [javac] 1 error
>

> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Mike

Robert Muir