Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rafael Coutinho <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/19 02:53:19 UTC

Webservices not co existing with Servlets

Hi,

i'm having an issue to have Webservices and simple Servlets in the same WAR
project.
I basically have a @Webservices annotated bean and in the WAR i use it i
can't refer to any servlets anylonger in the web.xml only the mapping of the
Webservices bean.
If I add a mapping to an actual servlet I get an error saying that there's
no bean implementing that mapping:
http://rifers.org/paste/show/7145 http://rifers.org/paste/show/7145

Here is the web.xml file, in it I have the Webservices mapping
(DonateService) and a servlet mapping (DonateServlet). I've commented out
the service-ref tags, but still fails.
http://rifers.org/paste/show/7146 http://rifers.org/paste/show/7146

Here is the geronimo.xml (I have also commented out the webesrvices part of
it):
http://rifers.org/paste/show/7147 http://rifers.org/paste/show/7147

And finally the webservice interface:
http://rifers.org/paste/show/7148 http://rifers.org/paste/show/7148

If I remove all actual Servlets mappings and leave only the Webservice
servlet mapping it works fine.
If I remove the @Webservices annotation from the interface (and the
implementation) and re enable the actual servlet mappings it looks like to
handle it again as actual servlet mappings.

I'm using WASCE 2.0.0.2

Do you have any idea what's going on? i'm doing anything wrong?

Re: Webservices not co existing with Servlets

Posted by Rafael Coutinho <ra...@gmail.com>.
Actually it's not as simple as i've stated. I've tried to do that scenario
and it worked. Then i've tried exactly my scenario.. then it failed.

It seems that we need a EJB project in the play too.

So i have a WAR project with a servlet and a Webservices. And the servlet
uses a session bean using annotations.
I've exported the projects and attached here:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16766985/WSxServletsSample.zip
WSxServletsSample.zip