Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hp...@digitalis.pt> on 2005/02/04 11:04:29 UTC

Modularization status for new application

Hi, i'm evaluating tapestry for implementing a new application.
I've used tapestry before but in small applications(with few pages), but
this new one will have hundreds of pages.
As it has so many pages i wouldn't even consider using Tapestry because
of the limitation that it doesn't let you organize pages by path, but i
found that this is a planned feature.

Can anyone tell me if this feature will be released with 3.1 ?
Is there a date for the release ?
Is there an unstable release with this feature implemented i can get ?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo

Re: Modularization status for new application

Posted by Hugo Palma <hp...@digitalis.pt>.
I'll give a try at building the alpha release......

Thanks very much.

Hugo

Hugo Palma
Programador Sénior

*e-mail:*hpalma@digitalis.pt <ma...@digitalis.pt>
*tel:*++351 938012004 *fax:*++351 214408999
*homepage:* www.digitalis.pt <http://www.digitalis.pt>

<http://www.digitalis.pt> <http://www.digitalis.pt>

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Most of the support for friendly URLs and modular deployment is in
place in Tapetry 3.1-alpha-1 (available via CVS).

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:49:58 -0500, Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> Tapestry 3.1 isn't planning a beta till middle or late Spring, so
> features and api will be in flux until then. It's not ready to be
> applied to a development environment like you need yet. It's in *early*
> alpha.
>
> You can arrange pages by folders, but you have to reference their paths
> in the application specification. You could also apply the Friendly
> URLs patch for better URLs and hierarchy of URLs.
>
> Finally, you could extend Tapestry 3.0.x to do what you want.
>
> Jamie
>

> On Feb 4, 2005, at 5:04 AM, Hugo Palma wrote:
>
> > Hi, i'm evaluating tapestry for implementing a new application.
> > I've used tapestry before but in small applications(with few pages),
> > but this new one will have hundreds of pages.
> > As it has so many pages i wouldn't even consider using Tapestry
> > because of the limitation that it doesn't let you organize pages by
> > path, but i found that this is a planned feature.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if this feature will be released with 3.1 ?
> > Is there a date for the release ?
> > Is there an unstable release with this feature implemented i can get ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Hugo

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Modularization status for new application

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.