Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Dominik Safaric <do...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/17 07:20:34 UTC

SpoutConfig zkRoot argument causing KafkaSpout exception

Hi,

I’ve set up a topology consisting of a Kafka spout. But unfortunately, I keep getting the exception Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid path string "//bytes3b68b144-e13c-4de3-beed-405e3ca5ae20/partition_1" caused by empty node name specified @1.

Zookeeper has the default client port set (i.e. 2181), whereas the brokers path is default as well.

I supply SpoutConfig with the following arguments:

SpoutConfig spoutConfig = new SpoutConfig(hosts, "bytes", "/", "bytes" + UUID.randomUUID().toString());

However, obviously the problem seems to be in the zkRoot argument I’ve suplied SpoutConfig with.

What value should it actually be? What does the zkRoot argument refer to?

Thanks in advance!

Re: SpoutConfig zkRoot argument causing KafkaSpout exception

Posted by Ambud Sharma <as...@gmail.com>.
It will refer to the root, it uses a slash by default. As you can see you
have 2 in the path:

*"//bytes3b68b144-e13c-4de3-**beed**-405e3ca5ae20/partition_1"*

Posted by Dominik Safaric <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ambud Sharma <as...@gmail.com>.