Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Krishan Chandak <kc...@pivotalindia.com> on 2013/05/09 19:45:14 UTC

Re: Problem with tomcat installation

Hi,

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On 5/9/2013 10:45 AM, Krishan Chandak wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> We had xampp on linux running on port 8080 and IBM WAS running on port 80.
>> We installed tomcat on port 8181. Purppose of installing tomcat was to
>> migrate from WAS to tomcat. Once the tomcat stabilizes, we will close the
>> WAS and will make port 8181 to 80.
>>
>> After installing successfuly, tomcat is giving error :: connection timed
>> out. On grep it shows as the process running.
>>
>> How can we make sure that tomcat is running

ps -aef | grep catalina | grep -v grep
netstat -tulpn | grep 8181

You may need to be root in order to see the process using the second
command. This depends on whether you started Tomcat as yourself or
another user, or a service.

I'm not sure how the first may work if you're using commons-daemon to
launch Tomcat.

>> and what could be the possible
>> reason for time out.

local firewall (iptables) or infrastructure firewall

This is of course provided that your host name resolves. However since
you're running WAS on port 80, I suspect that it does.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> *Best Regards,*
>>
>> *Krishan B Chandak *

. . . . just my two cents.