Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul Armstrong <mo...@otoh.org> on 2005/01/24 07:07:28 UTC

Package building

I'm trying to build packages for mod_perl on Solaris and the usual
make DESTDIR=/tmp/mod_perl install
doesn't work any more.

Apache is in /usr/local but I want mod_perl to install temporarily in
/tmp/mod_perl so I can package it before installing into /usr/local with
Apache (I'm sure several people have done this before). Any suggestions?

Using mod_perl 2.0.0-RC4, Apache 2.0.52, GNU Make (tried Solaris Make as
well, but that didn't help) on Solaris 9

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Package building

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Paul Armstrong wrote:
> I'm trying to build packages for mod_perl on Solaris and the usual
> make DESTDIR=/tmp/mod_perl install
> doesn't work any more.
>
> Apache is in /usr/local but I want mod_perl to install temporarily in
> /tmp/mod_perl so I can package it before installing into /usr/local with
> Apache (I'm sure several people have done this before). Any suggestions?

DESTDIR= will work for perl stuff, but for the apache-related files (mod_perl.so
and header files), you are looking for

MODPERL_AP_INCLUDEDIR && MODPERL_AP_LIBEXECDIR

So something like

$> make DESTDIR=/tmp/mod_perl MODPERL_AP_INCLUDEDIR=/tmp/mod_perl/apache/include MODPERL_AP_LIBEXECDIR=/tmp/mod_perl/apache/modules

Should do what you are looking for.