Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu> on 2009/06/20 01:00:29 UTC

Tests fail for solrj.embedded on windows (Release 78676 and 775664 )

Hello all,

About every other time I check-out a current version of trunk and run the tests, the tests for solrj.embedded.* fail.  I'm running under windows XP with  java version "1.6.0_13"

With the latest release  786676, I get these two failure messages:

[junit] Running org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.MergeIndexesEmbeddedTest
 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.188 sec
 [junit] Test org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.MergeIndexesEmbeddedTest FAILED
 [junit] Running org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.MultiCoreEmbeddedTest
 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.187 sec
 [junit] Test org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.MultiCoreEmbeddedTest FAILED

I previously had failures with Release 775664 for org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.SolrExampleStreamingTest
With a slightly earlier version of the jdk

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1014?focusedCommentId=12710502#action_12710502

Is there some magic setting, environment variable or junit version that I am missing?
What is the recommended workaround?

Tom Burton-West