Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 07:40:31 UTC

No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Hi all,
i am running hbase on 3 machine cluster.i am running a mapreduce program to
insert data into an hbase table from elipse, so when its running i opened
hadoop jobtracker and tasktracker pages
(http://10.0.1.54:50030 and http://10.0.1.54:50060) on browser, i could
find no changes or progress of mapreduce jobs, like map tasks' progresses
etc.. What is the problem, how can i see their progress on the browser,
while mapreduce program is running from eclipse? i am using ubuntu-10.04

can anybody help?

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi..
I solved my above problem related to zookeeper.keeperException and other
errors.

The solution is, i added zookeeper-3.3.2.jar and log4j-1.2.5.jar on
classpath of HBASE i.e i set  HBASE_CLASSPATH in the
{HBASE_HOME}/conf/hbase-env.sh file with the above two jars. That solved my
problem. I did above settings on all the machines of my cluster.

Thank you.

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi stuti,
i found the same problem, so i thought of the solution is, i added
zookeeper-3.3.2.jar and log4j-1.2.5.jar on  classpath of HBASE. it worked
fine.
thank you stuti.

While executing one more program on mapreduce i am getting following error
on console of eclipse, though i added common-cli-1.2.jar on its classpath
in the hbase-env.sh of hbase.

11/12/16 10:45:15 WARN mapred.LocalJobRunner: job_local_0001
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethod
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:242)
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod
    ... 1 more

what could be the problem..? please help..

*Regards*
*
Vamshi Krishna
*

RE: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Stuti Awasthi <st...@hcl.com>.
Hi Vamshi,
Are you sure you have added the relevant jars in your classpath correctly.
Error is : Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException

--
*Regards*
*

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Vamsi,

One easy hack is to:

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi harsh,

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi harsh,

--
*Regards*
*

Re: No changes or progress status on web UI during mapreduce program running

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Do you not see progress, or do you not see a job at all?

Perhaps the problem is that your Eclipse is merely launching the program via a LocalJobRunner, and not submitting to the cluster. This is cause of improper config setup (you need "mapred.job.tracker" set at minimum, to submit a distributed job).