Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Craig McDaniel <cp...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/05 03:51:34 UTC

XMLFilters vs Pipes

When it is necessary to do several transforms ending in FOP
serialization, which is the better choice, XMLFilters or Pipes
(TransformHandlers)? Is there a difference in performance? Are there
different scenarios where one just makes more sense than the other?

--
Craig McDaniel

Re: XMLFilters vs Pipes

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't think there's a difference in performance. It's just a different
way of setting up the processing pipeline and starting its work. In the
end all the communication between the individual transformers happens
using SAX in both cases. The choice mostly depends on what you have
available to set up the chain. Usually, I stick to the
TransformerHandler approach.

On 05.12.2005 03:51:34 Craig McDaniel wrote:
> When it is necessary to do several transforms ending in FOP
> serialization, which is the better choice, XMLFilters or Pipes
> (TransformHandlers)? Is there a difference in performance? Are there
> different scenarios where one just makes more sense than the other?

Jeremias Maerki