Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Youtsey, Sean J CTR NAVSEA KPWA" <se...@navy.mil> on 2008/04/30 21:43:55 UTC

AXIS2: ADB: Namespace Optimization or removal??

I am using AXIS2 (1.3) with ADB as the data binding and am trying to
reduce the size of the XML message being sent across the wire (already
using gzip compression option).

The first question I have is related to namespace optimization...I think
I have seen mention of it, but am unable to find anything related.  It
seems namespaces are printed out many times where they could be defined
once (at a higher element) and referenced.  Is there a flag or parameter
to set to enable this?

The second question is I would like to have the option to remove
namespaces altogether, without having to create a different WSDL and
associated schemas.  If I trimmed out namespaces from the resulting XML
document, would drastically decrease the size.  Is there a flag or
parameter to allow for this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Sean

RE: AXIS2: ADB: Namespace Optimization or removal??

Posted by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com>.
If you are using Java then use the -sp option in WSDL2Java when you are
generating your stubs.

Thanks

Raghu