Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shabada, Gnaneshwer" <sh...@toysrus.com> on 2007/11/08 21:02:53 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.28

Hello
I am going off the topic, but wanted to know if you gurus out there tried to
install multiple instances of Tomcat on single windows XP machine. I
downloaded the zip file and extracted then created two diff folders for 2
intended tomcat instances under my main installation dir. Copied conf, temp,
logs, webapps, work into both these dirs and changed ports on server.xml in
one of the directories. Now ran the following command from bin directory
with no success.
>startup -Dcatalina.base= D:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\Tomcat-A

I followed what RUNNING.TXT said but not sure where I went wrong...

Anyone had this working before, please share your thoughts..

Thanks

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.

Re: [OT] Tomcat 5.0.28

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I believe the OP mentioned that the port was changed
on one of the server instances.

However, there are also several other ports that might
conflict depending on the setup, so it's still a good
idea to do a sanity check on port assignments.

That said, this is really better address on a
Tomcat-related list.

d.

--- sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com wrote:

> The problems should be thrown up in the logs, when
> you start the Tomcat.
>
> My first guess would be, both instances are pointing
> to the Default port
> i.e. http 8080.
>
> You would need to change the default port to a
> different port .
>

> "Shabada, Gnaneshwer" <sh...@toysrus.com>
> 11/08/2007 12:02 PM
>
> Please respond to
> "Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

> "'Struts Users Mailing List'"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Tomcat 5.0.28
>

> Hello
> I am going off the topic, but wanted to know if you
> gurus out there tried
> install multiple instances of Tomcat on single
> windows XP machine. I
> downloaded the zip file and extracted then created
> two diff folders for 2
> intended tomcat instances under my main installation
> dir. Copied conf,
> temp,
> logs, webapps, work into both these dirs and changed
> ports on server.xml
> in
> one of the directories. Now ran the following
> command from bin directory
> with no success.
> >startup -Dcatalina.base=
> D:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\Tomcat-A
>
> I followed what RUNNING.TXT said but not sure where
> I went wrong...
>
> Anyone had this working before, please share your
> thoughts..
>
> Thanks

> This email message is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient (s) and
> may
> contain confidential and privileged information. Any
> unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
> you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
> and destroy all copies
> of the original message. To reply to our email
> administrator directly,
> send
> an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
> Toys "R" Us, Inc.