Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jayne_h <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/11 00:03:08 UTC

Camel router with blueprint DSL. new handler(touri) picking up object from the previous handler in its own queue

We are using Camel blueprint DSL to define a router. The method in the bean
the route is attached to takes input of a Position object and creates a
CloseGroup object (finance terms) – the GroupingHandler. The route has a
to:uri defined to pass it to another queue; the second camel route for this
queue works with another handler bean - ReconciliationHandler. This
ReconciliationHandler expects the CloseGroup as its input via another the
queue. In tests, we have noticed that the second handler is getting an
Object of type Position rather than a CloseGroup, despite the fact that the
GroupingHandler explicility returns an objec of type CloseGroup, not
Position. Should we use extra configuration to explicilty pass the
CloseGroup to the next uri?

Any tips would be welcome.