Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Guy Incognito <dn...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 12:34:08 UTC

super sub slice query?

is there such a thing?  a query that runs against a SC family and
returns a subset of subcolumns from a set of super-columns?

is there a way to have eg a slice query (or super slice query) only
return the column names, rather than the value as well?

Re: super sub slice query?

Posted by Caleb Rackliffe <ca...@steelhouse.com>.
I had the same question you did, I think.  Below is as far as I got with Hector…

I have a column family of super-columns with long names.  The columns in each super-column also have long names.  I'm using Hector, and what I want to do is get the last column in each super-column, for a range of super-columns.  I was able to get the last column in a column family  like this…

Cluster cluster = HFactory.getOrCreateCluster("Cortex", config);

Keyspace keyspace = HFactory.createKeyspace("Products", cluster);

RangeSlicesQuery<String, String, String> rangeSlicesQuery =

HFactory.createRangeSlicesQuery(keyspace, StringSerializer.get(), StringSerializer.get(), StringSerializer.get());

rangeSlicesQuery.setColumnFamily("Attributes");

rangeSlicesQuery.setKeys("id0", "id0");

rangeSlicesQuery.setRange("", "", true, 1);

QueryResult<OrderedRows<String, String, String>> rsult = rangeSlicesQuery.execute();

…but no luck with the additional dimension.

Caleb Rackliffe | Software Developer
M 949.981.0159 | caleb@steelhouse.com

From: Guy Incognito <dn...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:34:08 -0400