Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/29 14:51:56 UTC

#netbeans IRC channel

For some time, there has been a #netbeans IRC channel on the Freenode
network. As you're probably aware, there have been a lot of problems and
controversy surrounding Freenode lately, not the least of which is that
hundreds of channels were taken over (including #netbeans). I took the
liberty of registering #netbeans on irc.libera.chat and requesting
community status. Are there any objections?

Their response was:

> Would love to get you set up. Could you please add the following TXT
> record on your domain (netbeans.apache.org) for verification
> purposes?

> This record can be removed after verifying your registration.  If you
> are unable to, let me know, and we can work on alternate verification
> methods.
Shall I ask for an alternate verification method?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: #netbeans IRC channel

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.
On 6/6/21 4:40 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> The netbeans space along with many other apache project spaces was
> proactively acquired by infra at the very beginning of libera's
> existence. We have full control over the space and can grant admin
> permissions and cloaks as needed.

Excellent!

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: #netbeans IRC channel

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Any committer wishing to cloak within the global apache namespace can make use of https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/docs/libera-cloaks.txt for adding their cloak request (this is committers only).

Re: #netbeans IRC channel

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: #netbeans IRC channel

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: #netbeans IRC channel

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Sure, we can add to our domain, just provide a PR:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-website/tree/master/netbeans.apache.org

And thanks for the many many many years of supporting NetBeans on irc!

Gj