Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/18 20:28:31 UTC

TextField OnChangeAjaxBehavior oddness @L

Hello,

I have an HTML markup page which has <input type="text" class="date"
wicket:id="dateValue" ONCHANGE="alert('input.onchange called')"/>
element. When the value in this field is set programmatically with
jQuery, e.g. $("input").val("new value") the "input.onchange called"
alert message pops up correctly.

However, when I add new TextField("dateValue").add(new
OnChangeAjaxBehavior() {..}) in Java the ONCHANGE handler is never
called when the value of the field changes. (I did decorate the ajax
call of the behavior to show the alert message.)

Is it possible that Wicket changes the behavior of "change" event when
input field value is changed programmatically, e.g.
$("input").val("new value")?

Thanks,

Alec