Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/28 02:09:29 UTC

Apache Flex 4.9 release TODOs

Hi,

Still to do:
1. Place release in correct location ie /dist not /dist/incubation  (OK for now I think)
2. Official announcement to various lists
3. Sync release branch to production
4. Tag trunk with "Apache Flex 4.9.0"

Have I forgotten anything?

Currently 3 is broken for some reason (SSL handshake error) so I can't do 4, should I just tag the release in develop instead? (and merge that tag with trunk at a later date when we can?)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 release TODOs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Did you already open up a ticket with infra to get that looked at?
No but I have now:

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Justin,

Did you already open up a ticket with infra to get that looked at?

-Nick

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
Yea you're right. :) I'm not sure what I was thinking. So yea we do have to
wait to merge to be able to get passed the merge issue to then tag trunk.

-omar

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Make a tag from the release branch, not the develop branch.
Only issue here is that branch  may be be around as long as the trunk or develop. Trunk is what's supports to contains the last stable release so make more sense for it to be tagged. (IMO)

But yep get the point re not tagging develop it would include changes not in the release.

I guess we just have to wait until the issue with merging with trunk is resolved.

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
Make a tag from the release branch, not the develop branch. Develop branch
could have changes that were made while the release was being prepared.
After merging the release to develop it could be different than what is
being released from the release branch. You can see the diagram for the
nvie model here: