Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Richard Ellis <RI...@uk.ibm.com> on 2009/12/11 17:59:49 UTC

Introduction & thoughts on ARIES-47

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Ozzy and others at IBM and have started looking at the
wrapping of blueprint bean objects for adding interceptors that was
introduced in ARIES-47.

I've been developing a patch for working around some limitations of the
current implementation, which I will attach to ARIES-47 and have commented
on there.  Primarily it allows an object that doesn't have a zero-arg
constructor to be wrapped.  If anyone would like to take a look or try it
out please feel free and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Rich

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: Introduction & thoughts on ARIES-47

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
2009/12/14 Thomas Diesler <th...@jboss.com>:
> Hi Rich,
>
> related to bean interceptors, have you seen this
>
> http://jbossosgi.blogspot.com/2009/10/extender-pattern-vs-lifecycle.html
>
> It discusses the concept of self ordering interceptors based on metadata
> attached to the interceptor context.

Thanks Thomas for an interesting article. I think ARIES-47 applies the
term interceptor at a different level to what you describe in your
blog post. You describe intercepting bundle lifecycle events. ARIES-47
is about intercepting the calls to blueprint beans in an already
active bundle. Or were you thinking there is some potential for common
design / code here?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Introduction & thoughts on ARIES-47

Posted by Thomas Diesler <th...@jboss.com>.
Hi Rich,

related to bean interceptors, have you seen this

http://jbossosgi.blogspot.com/2009/10/extender-pattern-vs-lifecycle.html

It discusses the concept of self ordering interceptors based on metadata
attached to the interceptor context.

cheers
-thomas

On 12/11/2009 05:59 PM, Richard Ellis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working with Ozzy and others at IBM and have started looking at the
> wrapping of blueprint bean objects for adding interceptors that was
> introduced in ARIES-47.
>
> I've been developing a patch for working around some limitations of the
> current implementation, which I will attach to ARIES-47 and have commented
> on there.  Primarily it allows an object that doesn't have a zero-arg
> constructor to be wrapped.  If anyone would like to take a look or try it
> out please feel free and let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.