Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Weichu Liu <we...@indeed.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/13 15:11:17 UTC

Logs for overridden records, when unclean leader election happens

Hi,

According to Kafka's replication mechanism, when a unclean leader election
happened (suppose unclean.leader.election=true), there are possibilities
that replicas of the same partition are inconsistent, i.e. on a certain
offset records store different contents.

IIUC, Kafka will override one version with another to solve the
inconsistency. So my question is: Are there's logs describing such record
overriding, so that we can get information about how many records were
lost, etc?

Another question I have is: Are there logs describing the details of
unclean leader election event (e.g. topic/partition name, leader election
result)?

Thanks,
Liu