Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/03 19:57:54 UTC

...has anyone ever tried making a GraalVM native image of NB?

I just recently started reading about GraalVM to find ways to reduce my
app’s footprint and startup time.  Turns out GraalVM has a native binary
builder and I started wondering if anyone has ever tried it on something as
big and complicated as Netbeans?  For this to work all classes the
application uses must be knowable at conversion time, so I don’t know if NB
qualifies, but it would be neat to see such a beast.

Tom

Re: ...has anyone ever tried making a GraalVM native image of NB?

Posted by Abossolo Foh Guy <gu...@scientificware.com>.
Hello !

I'm not sure GraalVM is ready for this.
https://github.com/oracle/graal/issues/1327