Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org> on 2014/10/02 00:26:53 UTC

Proposal: remove v1 client as part of 0.6.0 release

I've just created AURORA-775 [1] to track removal of the v1 client build,
as a precursor to deleting the code.  Given that we are close to a release,
does anyone have an opinion on whether this should happen before the 0.6.0
release?  I think the impact should be minimal, this will be more about
ending advertisement and default use of old client than pulling the rug out
from people - we can keep the build target and code in place for another
cycle as a fallback option.

+/-1?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-775

-=Bill

Re: Proposal: remove v1 client as part of 0.6.0 release

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Thanks, everyone.  I've made AURORA-775 a blocker for the 0.6.0 release.

-=Bill

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Sounds good, +1

Posted by David McLaughlin <da...@dmclaughlin.com>.
+1 to complete removal.

The plan to phase out the client also sounds good to me.

Posted by Zameer Manji <zm...@twopensource.com>.
+1 to complete removal.
The plan is acceptable as well.

--
Zameer Manji

Re: Proposal: remove v1 client as part of 0.6.0 release

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 to complete removal