Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim McGinnis <ti...@mcginnispa.name> on 2009/02/07 00:39:30 UTC

Site plugin and modules

Why doesn't the Site plugin respect submodule site.xml files?  Or am I
doing something wrong?

I run Maven 2.09 with RSA 7.0.0.7.  I have a project that has several
sub-projects (modules).  The project has its own site.xml and the
modules have their own site.xml.

When I run "mvn site-deploy" on the project the resulting site has only
the contents from the project site.xml and not the individual module
site.xml files.  To get the proper html pages for the modules I have to
run "mvn site-deploy" on each individual module.  Shouldn't I just be
able to run site-deploy on the project and the plugin works for the
modules?

Also I notice if I just run "mvn site" on the project the site is only
created for the project, not the modules.

Thanks,

Tim M.

Re: Site plugin and modules

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There are a number of issues reported about site.xml inheritance in
JIRA. I think that most of them has been solved in the upcoming 2.0
version of the Site Plugin. You could try to use Maven Site Plugin
version 2.0-SNAPSHOT to see if it solves your problem.

More info on testing development versions of plugins can be found on
this page

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

Tim McGinnis wrote:
> Yep.  It creates the pages for the modules but they have the left nav of
> the top project site.xml.
>
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Have you specified the sub-projects in a <modules> element in the parent
>> POM?
>>
>> Tim McGinnis wrote:
>>
>>> Why doesn't the Site plugin respect submodule site.xml files?  Or am I
>>> doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> I run Maven 2.09 with RSA 7.0.0.7.  I have a project that has several
>>> sub-projects (modules).  The project has its own site.xml and the
>>> modules have their own site.xml.
>>>
>>> When I run "mvn site-deploy" on the project the resulting site has only
>>> the contents from the project site.xml and not the individual module
>>> site.xml files.  To get the proper html pages for the modules I have to
>>> run "mvn site-deploy" on each individual module.  Shouldn't I just be
>>> able to run site-deploy on the project and the plugin works for the
>>> modules?
>>>
>>> Also I notice if I just run "mvn site" on the project the site is only
>>> created for the project, not the modules.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Tim M.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Site plugin and modules

Posted by Tim McGinnis <ti...@mcginnispa.name>.

Re: Site plugin and modules

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi

Tim McGinnis wrote:

> Why doesn't the Site plugin respect submodule site.xml files?  Or am I
> doing something wrong?
>
> I run Maven 2.09 with RSA 7.0.0.7.  I have a project that has several
> sub-projects (modules).  The project has its own site.xml and the
> modules have their own site.xml.
>
> When I run "mvn site-deploy" on the project the resulting site has only
> the contents from the project site.xml and not the individual module
> site.xml files.  To get the proper html pages for the modules I have to
> run "mvn site-deploy" on each individual module.  Shouldn't I just be
> able to run site-deploy on the project and the plugin works for the
> modules?
>
> Also I notice if I just run "mvn site" on the project the site is only
> created for the project, not the modules.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim M.

Dennis Lundberg