Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2016/07/11 14:29:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Reusing Exclusive ReplyTo Queue..

Right now, you must have a unique reply to queue for each destination.
Would there be any impact of allowing folks to use a single reply to queue
for all destinations?  For example, suppose I want to use an "Exclusive"
reply to queue per node within my cluster, but I want all replies (for all
routes) to go to REPLY_TO.<hostname>.  Would this impact transactions?  Is
this doable?

Re: [DISCUSS] Reusing Exclusive ReplyTo Queue..

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
They would be node-specific reply queues. No selectors necessary. Selectors
are slow. I'm not asking if I should do it. I'm asking the group if they
see any reason why we have to restrict Exclusive reply queues to one per
destination. I'm looking into patching the code, but if anyone sees an
issue with it, I won't bother.

Posted by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.