Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Amazing Arny <am...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/05 09:55:34 UTC

HELP: SOAP SSL PROXY-problems

Hi,

I got a working SOAP-service over SSL without client-certificates. Now I'm
trying to connect to the service trough a proxy with the next code:
System.setProperty("https.proxyHost","<proxyname>");
System.setProperty("https.proxyPort","80");

I keep getting the next error:
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
         void org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.Throwable)
         void
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String, java.util.Hashtable, org.apache.soap.Envelope,
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry,
org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext)
         org.apache.soap.rpc.Response
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String)
         org.apache.soap.rpc.Response
covProxy.makeSOAPCallRPC(java.lang.String,
java.util.Vector, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
         Reactie[] covProxy.cov(Aanvraag[])
         void TestClient.main(java.lang.String[])

When I debug the code it loos like the proxy-server is not set.
And a time-out occurs(which seems normal if the proxy-server is not set)

When I use the next code to set the proxy-server:

   SOAPHTTPConnection.setProxyHost("<proxyname>");
   SOAPHTTPConnection.setProxyPort(80);

The APACHESOAP code tries to setup a SSL-connection to my proxy-server which
fails.

Can somebody help me?

Re: HELP: SOAP SSL PROXY-problems

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@ewarna.com>.
Version of JDK???

Posted by Kumar Raj <ku...@india.hp.com>.
Hi !
Try setting the https.proxyHost & https.proxyPort through -D option while
starting the jvm.

Regards
Kumar Raj

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@ewarna.com>.
Version of JDK???

Posted by Kumar Raj <ku...@india.hp.com>.
Hi !

Posted by Hung Nguyen Quang <hu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi friends,
Using this code for Proxy Setting:
 // create the transport and set parameters
   SOAPHTTPConnection soapTran = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
 // proxy settings
   soapTran.setProxyHost(strProxyHost);
   soapTran.setProxyPort(nProxyPort);
Best wishes,

Hung

Amazing Arny <am...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I got a working SOAP-service over SSL without client-certificates. Now I'm
trying to connect to the service trough a proxy with the next code:
System.setProperty("https.proxyHost","
");
System.setProperty("https.proxyPort","80");

I keep getting the next error:
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
void org.apache.soap.SOAPException.(java.lang.String,
[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: HELP: SOAP SSL PROXY-problems