Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Yu Wei <yu...@hotmail.com> on 2016/11/14 10:58:38 UTC

Two questions about running spark on mesos

Hi Guys,

Two questions about running spark on mesos.

1, Does spark configuration of conf/slaves still work when running spark on mesos?

    According to my observations, it seemed that conf/slaves still took effect when running spark-shell.

    However, it doesn't take effect when deploying in cluster mode.

    Is this expected behavior?

   Or did I miss anything?

2, Could I kill submitted jobs when running spark on mesos in cluster mode?

    I launched spark on mesos in cluster mode. Then submitted a long running job succeeded.

    Then I want to kill the job.

    How could I do that? Is there any similar commands as launching spark on yarn?

Thanks,

Jared, (??)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux

Re: Two questions about running spark on mesos

Posted by Yu Wei <yu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Joseph,

I read the document you pointed. However, I didn't find anything about that, so I turn to community for help and guidance.

For the 2nd question, I already know how to do that.

Thanks,

Jared, (??)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux

I (Mesos person) can't answer any questions that aren't already answered on
that page :)

2) Your normal spark commands (whatever they are) should still work
regardless of the backend.

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.