Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by KRISHNAS <kr...@hotmail.com> on 2010/04/26 22:54:00 UTC

How to use the File System for locking purpose and use the DB for Message Persistency only? We are planning to use "JDBC Master Slave" approach for Fail-over and using the Shared DB by multiple brokers .... When the Master Broker is started, it puts a lock on the lock table. When the Slave Broker started it keeps check the lock (whether the lock released or not) against the lock table. This approach works fine but on DB2, checking the lock throws the warning alert, which the DB2 admins against it. So, is there any way to use the File System for locking purpose and use the DB2 for Message Persistency only ?

We are planning to use "Clustering - JDBC Master Slave" approach for
Failover and using the Shared DB by multiple brokers ....

When the Master Broker is started, it puts a lock on the lock table. When
the Slave Broker started it keeps check the lock (whether the lock was
released by Master or not) against the lock table. This approach works fine
but on DB2, checking the lock against Locked Table throws the warning
alert(Kind of Error), which the DB2 admins against it.

So, is there any way to use the File System for locking purpose and use the
DB2 for Message Persistency only ?

We looked at the Journal + JDBC, which might solve our problem. But we don't
want to use the  High performance Journal  (As we want to store all the
messages to the permanent DB).

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/How-to-use-the-File-System-for-locking-purpose-and-use-the-DB-for-Message-Persistency-only---We-are-planning-to-use-%22JDBC-Master-Slave%22-approach-for-Fail-over-and-using-the-Shared-DB-by-multiple-brokers-....--When-the-Master-Broker-is-started%2C-it-puts-a-lock-on-the-lock-table.--When-the-Slave-Broker-started-it-keeps-check-the-lock-%28whether-the-lock-released-or-not%29-against-the-lock-table.-This-approach-works-fine-but-on-DB2%2C-checking-the-lock-throws-the-warning-alert%2C-which-the-DB2-admins-against-it.--So%2C-is-there-any-way-to-use-the-File-System-for-locking-purpose-and-use-the-DB2-for-Message-Persistency-only---tp28370105p28370105.html