Posted to pop3-dev@httpd.apache.org by k d <fi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/15 21:40:37 UTC

is this module integrated with handlers at all

i don't really see this as being a transparent protocol implementation..

of course that's probably not what it was designed for, but that's the
functionality that i think makes the most sense for any 'protocol modules'..

as a stand-alone module that has to be fully developed in C, i don't see how
this would be too terribly useful..

if it were however transparently accessable through handles, then it could
be integrated with existing apache2 code for other services..

not that i have any clue atm how that architecture would work out, but i am
looking for that kind of functionality in a telnet protocol module..

RE: is this module integrated with handlers at all

Posted by fitnah55 <fi...@hotmail.com>.
i found out that modpython actually already has connection handlers for
making protocols

it wasnt 100% functional but a small patch fixed it

the url to the echo sample is here.. its pretty easy to start, but
there's
2 small patches that may or may not have been integrated into 3.0.3 for
it
to log errors properly right now

http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-conn.html

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.