Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/05 23:08:01 UTC

Re: [Math] Changes to ComplexUtils

Apologies for the 3 months' delay but we had to move to a new country
and I didn't feel I had the time to contribute.

If you don't mind me picking up where I left off, I went through
ComplexUtils and took the following steps:

Per request of the committers, I have done a thorough proofread and
changed the following:

- Ensured all javadoc is correct.
- Ensured all appropriate variables are marked final.
- Ensured all methods still pass JUnit tests in ComplexUtilsTest
- Incorporated suggestions of Luc in the now-stale branch he created
- Re-wrote a few methods so that all multi-dimensional methods support
ragged arrays
- Edited some html tags in the polar2Complex method previously present
in ComplexUtils, because they were throwing errors in JavaDoc generation
- Added the above as a comment to my original JIRA issue (MATH-1290)

I was unable to come up with the needed Git wizardry to breathe life
into the stale branch that Luc originally created for my edits, and push
to that. So I pushed the changes to my own fork, but incorporated his
suggestions into my ComplexUtils edits. Let me know if I can take any
steps to make the merge easier. I ran the Eclipse JavaDoc generator so I
could proofread the doc in HTML, so any differences in merging the doc
folder should be thrown out.

I also agreed to provide some sample code for OpenCL / JogAmp
incorporation and I am cleaning up that project for submission as output
now, so I should be able to deliver that example in the next couple of
weeks.

Eric

Re: [Math] Changes to ComplexUtils

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 23:08:01 +0100, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> Apologies for the 3 months' delay but we had to move to a new country
> and I didn't feel I had the time to contribute.

Welcome back. :-)

> If you don't mind me picking up where I left off, I went through
> ComplexUtils and took the following steps:
>
> Per request of the committers, I have done a thorough proofread and
> changed the following:
>
> - Ensured all javadoc is correct.
> - Ensured all appropriate variables are marked final.
> - Ensured all methods still pass JUnit tests in ComplexUtilsTest
> - Incorporated suggestions of Luc in the now-stale branch he created
> - Re-wrote a few methods so that all multi-dimensional methods
> support ragged arrays
> - Edited some html tags in the polar2Complex method previously
> present in ComplexUtils, because they were throwing errors in JavaDoc
> generation
> - Added the above as a comment to my original JIRA issue (MATH-1290)
>
> I was unable to come up with the needed Git wizardry to breathe life
> into the stale branch that Luc originally created for my edits, and
> push to that. So I pushed the changes to my own fork, but
> incorporated
> his suggestions into my ComplexUtils edits. Let me know if I can take
> any steps to make the merge easier.

If you don't have write access to the Apache repository, then please
make a patch, which someone will then apply to a dedicated branch.

> I ran the Eclipse JavaDoc
> generator so I could proofread the doc in HTML, so any differences in
> merging the doc folder should be thrown out.

I'm not following...

> I also agreed to provide some sample code for OpenCL / JogAmp
> incorporation and I am cleaning up that project for submission as
> output now, so I should be able to deliver that example in the next
> couple of weeks.

Please make the examples into a separate patch, if possible.
[And they should go in the "src/userguide" part of the source code
repository".]

Thanks a lot for contributing,
Gilles