Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Irfan Habib <ir...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/29 18:57:59 UTC

transfering binary content between Axis2/C webservices

Hi,

Is SOAP the only way to interact with Axis2/C
webservices? is it possible for me to send binary
content (say executable files)  to Axis2/C
webservices?

Regards
IRfan

Re: [Axis2] Code freeze - Replacing double pointer env param to a single pointer env param

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I forgot to mention, guththila too would be broken with these changes.
Got to fix it.

Samisa...

Given the scale of change, I would like to call a code freeze to
facilitate this change.
I would like to freeze the code from now on till the task is complete.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I would like to announce that the code freeze is over.

I have successfully updated the double pointer to a const pointer for env.

All the samples are working fine. This means util, axiom and the core
modules are building and working successfully.

Unfortunately, despite the code freeze, there had been a commit on
xml_schema and hence that would be broken. Please fix that.
Woden stuff is also changed, but could not build and test as xml_schema
is broken.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2]Replacing double pointer env param to a single pointer env param

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for change.

nandika

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2]Re: transfering binary content between Axis2/C webservices

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

> Yes. As an attachment in SOAP. Which is called SwA (SOAP with
> Attachments). Axis2/C supports this with MTOM. For the full support for
> MTOM use the code in the svn HEAD.

SwA and XOP/MTOM are two separate mechanisms for sending binary attachments
with SOAP.  SwA is getting outdated now. SwA[1] never came out as a W3C
recommendation. On the other hand XOP[2]/MTOM[3] is a W3C recommendation and
all the new generation SOAP stacks are on the move for MTOM support.

MTOM is backward compatible with SwA to some extent...

~Thilina
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-mtom/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xop10/

> >Regards
> >IRfan

"May the SourcE be with u"
http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
http://thilinag.blogspot.com/
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Thilina

[Axis2]Re: transfering binary content between Axis2/C webservices

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com>.
Hi Irfan,

Irfan Habib wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is SOAP the only way to interact with Axis2/C
>webservices?

As far as I know WebServices only understand SOAP. So only way to
interact with web services is SOAP. But there are some other means to
interact with Axis2/C - namely REST thru POST which uses POX (Plain Old XML)

Posted by Nabeel Yoosuf <na...@gmail.com>.
Irfan,
You can send binary data. XOP/MTOM support allows you to send binary
attachments with SOAP messages. Have a look at the samples/client/mtom
sample. Samisa/Kapila may provide more details about this.

-Nabeel