Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Unreal Jiang <si...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/16 14:34:18 UTC

When should we close the handlers in CXF?

Hi guy,
  In JAX-WS spec, it describe that A handler’s close method is called at the conclusion of a message exchange pattern (MEP).
  How can we apprehend it? Does it mean that we should close handlers when the response is returned to client?

  But in sun's ri, it close handlers at handlers process finished such as  outband & inbound handler chain finished at both client and server  side, so there have four times close in a request-response MEP.

  Do you guys have any idea about Which approach is conform to spec?

  Any comment will be appreciated.

  Cheers
  Unreal

---------------------------------

RE: When should we close the handlers in CXF?

Posted by Unreal Jiang <si...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jervis,

  Thanks for your reply.

  I agree to you idea. Maybe there have some resources assigned in  REQUEST message handlers should be shared by RESPONSE message handlers.  So we should close handlers just at the end of a MEP, and client side  once, server side once.

  Cheers
  Unreal

"Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com> wrote:  Hi Unreal,

My understanding is that the handler's close method should be called at the end of a MEP. See below from JAX-WS section 9.3.2.3:

"A  handler's close method is called at the conclusion of a message  exchange pattern (MEP). It is called just prior to the binding  dispatching the final message, fault or exception of the MEP and may be  used to clean up per-MEP resources allocated by a handler."

For  example for a request-response MEP, on the client side, close method  should be called at the end of inbound interceptor chain (when client  receives the reponse), on the server side close method should be called  at the end of outbound interceptor chain. Havn't got chance to check  Sun's RI code, but I do not think it conforms to spec if the close  method are called four times in a standard request-reponse MEP.

Cheers,
Jervis

________________________________

  In JAX-WS spec, it describe that A handler's close method is called at the conclusion of a message exchange pattern (MEP).
  How can we apprehend it? Does it mean that we should close handlers when the response is returned to client?

  But in sun's ri, it close handlers at handlers process finished such as  outband & inbound handler chain finished at both client and server  side, so there have four times close in a request-response MEP.

  Do you guys have any idea about Which approach is conform to spec?

  Any comment will be appreciated.

  Cheers
  Unreal

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

RE: When should we close the handlers in CXF?