Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Claridge <mc...@rwa-net.co.uk> on 2006/05/02 11:21:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect question

Hi,

This might seem like a really stoopid question, but is it possible to do
a "Redirect /   http://another.server.com" but keep the URL shown in the
address bar as the old one, at least until someone clicks a link on the
page?

I'd rather not do anything more complicated than a simple redirect, but
I'd also rather not set up a seperate site just to handle this second
URL, so I'm wondering if there's some little trick I can use to
accomplish this...

Many thanks
Matt