Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by airbag <yo...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/16 17:15:17 UTC

SSVM won't start

Hi Guys

I have CS 3.0.2 installed and talking to my VCentre cluster which contains one host.

I have changed the primary storage to an ISCi lun that Vcentre talks to and I have secondary storage set on
the CS managment server at /export/secondary

The Vsphere vm template is located in the /export/secondary and visible.

When I go to system vm's through the CS UI and try to start the SSVM it fails.

I can ping everything ok, external sites, Vcentre and the clustered host from the CS managment host and fqdn and dns is set up and working fine.

I even placed an iso in the /export/secondary dir and can see it on the mngmt host and when I go to templates on the CS UI I can see it but its it give a state reading of "Ready: No"

When I try to download an Ubuntu iso from the web through the Template section on the UI it downloads them too quickly for my liking ie its not really downloading and yet again they show up as ready: no

Any help would be much appreciated guys

Regards
Paul

RE: SSVM won't start

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.
Hey Paul,
     It is saying Ready:No because it has not actually downloaded yet.  When you add the template it will register it, then try to download with the SSVM.  Unfortunately until the SSVM is up and running it will not actually download any other template or ISO.  Unfortunately I am not sure about anything with the specifics of VMware installation since I am using KVM for the setup here, but wanted to try and explain the behavior with the templates.
Thanks,     David Ortiz

Re: SSVM won't start

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Refer to this