Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Nitin Lamba <nl...@apache.org> on 2017/07/12 03:50:41 UTC

JMX documentation

Hi,

Recently, I was asked for definitions of various JMX metrics available in
Geode and what stats/ values are expected to change during what operations.

Looked around and found time statistics [1] but couldn't find a good doc
that explains JMX Beans; only some API docs [2] and the wiki describing
info to extend MBeans [3]. Also, the MBean attributes in JConsole (or Java
Mission Control) do not show any descriptions, rather just repeat the value
of the attribute name.

So, following are my questions:
- Is the lack of descriptions/ definitions intentional or just a miss?
- Any JIRA created for fixing this? If not, I can create one

It would be good to polish this out to improve the operator (monitoring)
experience.

Thanks,
Nitin

[1]