Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> on 2007/10/09 21:46:48 UTC

Camel xbean help

I am trying to get a simple camel wiretap service unit working.  I would
really like it to be configured using the xbean syntax like all the other
service unit examples I have seen, but I have not had any luck, can't find
an example of doing this, and can't get the mvn archetype working.  Can
someone please show me an example of setting this up?

My goal was to port the eip wiretap example to camel.

The service units from the eip example are as follows:

EIP SU:
<beans xmlns:eip="http://servicemix.apache.org/eip/1.0"
       xmlns:tut="urn:servicemix:tutorial">
  <eip:wire-tap service="tut:wiretap" endpoint="endpoint">
    <eip:target>
      <eip:exchange-target service="tut:jms" />
    </eip:target>
    <eip:inListener>
      <eip:exchange-target service="tut:file" endpoint="sender" />
    </eip:inListener>
  </eip:wire-tap>
</beans>

File SU:
<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
       xmlns:tut="urn:servicemix:tutorial">
  <file:sender service="tut:file"
               endpoint="sender"
             directory="file:///C:/projects/data/sender" />
  <file:poller service="tut:file"
               endpoint="poller"
               file="file:///C:/projects/data/poller"
             targetService="tut:wiretap"/>
</beans>

JMS SU:
<beans xmlns:jms="http://servicemix.apache.org/jms/1.0"
       xmlns:tut="urn:servicemix:tutorial"
       xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
    <jms:endpoint service="tut:jms"
                  endpoint="myQueue"
                  role="provider"
                  destinationStyle="queue"
                  jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/tutorial"
                  connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"/>
    <amq:connectionFactory id="connectionFactory"
brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616" />
</beans>

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

First, transform the SU into a Camel SU by changing the <dependency/> in
pom.xml as shown on http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jbi.html.

Next, add a camel-context.xml to src/main/resources to replace
xbean.xml.  An example can be found on
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/samples/camel/camel-simple-su/src/main/resources/camel-context.xml.
  You can either use the Camel Spring XML syntax inside this file or...

... you can start building your own RouteBuilder classes.  Have a look
at the example
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/samples/camel/camel-simple-su/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/samples/MyRouteBuilder.java

I think the route should look something like this
    from("jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:wiretap:endpoint")
      .to("jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:jms:myQueue",
          "jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:file:sender");

For an equivalent XML syntax Camel route, have a look at
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/wire-tap.html.

Hope this helps,

Gert

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.
Also, I am having trouble with that mvn pom file from that camel jbi page:

Project ID: org.apache.servicemix.tooling:jbi-maven-plugin

Reason: POM 'org.apache.servicemix.tooling:jbi-maven-plugin' not found in
repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache.servicemix.tooling:jbi-maven-plugin:pom:3.2-incubating

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.servicemix.tooling:jbi-maven-plugin

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.
Interesting, the camel example with the timer that spits out Hello World
every second did not work correctly for me, it gave an exception on
deployment and spit out [null] every second instead of the text
"HelloWorld".  When I set the useJmx to false, it worked correctly and gave
no exceptions on deployment.  Is there a problem with my servicemix
configuration that jmx is not working correctly?

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

Can you post your Camel route once again?  Somehow, an exchange is being
  sent to an unnamed service/interface from a dead letter channel
definition...

Gert

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

I also have problems with the route I gave to you earlier (cfr. JIRA issue
SM-1104 for more details).  Could you re-run your test scenario with DEBUG
level logging?  This temporarily fixes things for now on my machine.  I'll
try to provide a fix for it (or you can do so too, if you want...)

Gert

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

James Strachan has just committed a fix for this.  If you rebuild
ServiceMix from source (or wait for a new daily build), you should now
be able to replace the wire tap in the example with a Camel route such as:

from("jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:wiretap:endpoint")
        .convertBodyTo(DOMSource.class)
        .to("jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:jms:myQueue",
            "jbi:endpoint:urn:servicemix:tutorial:file:sender");

Regards,

Gert

Re: Camel xbean help

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.