Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Gibbs <dg...@mks.com> on 2000/07/12 15:16:35 UTC

Processing XML using bytestream input and DOM output?

Greetings!

I'm trying to process some XSL against a XML file that is being fed into the
stylesheet.process() routine using a PipedReader (the writer is another
thread that is reading the actual file).

The output of the processing is supposed to be a DOM object (new
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl).

When we actually perform the processing, we get a SAXException with the
message "Can not mix non Xerces-DOM input with Xerces-DOM output!".

I assume the error is occurring because we are feeding the processor with
the PipedReader, but asking for input as a DOM object.   This error did not
appear to occur when we did the processing with a XSLProcessor (as apposed
to the StylesheetRoot).

Any suggestions on how I can approach this quandary?

Thanks!

david

--

David Gibbs
Sr. Software Engineer

phone: (630) 495-2108 x5004
http://www.mks.com <http://www.mks.com/>
mailto:dgibbs@mks.com <ma...@mks.com>

Opinions expressed are strictly my own and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need a good laugh: http://www.userfriendly.org/static/
<http://www.userfriendly.org/static/>