Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Greg Coladonato <gc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/11 08:56:51 UTC

Torque, NumberKeys and integers

Is the most concise way to get the integer value from an integer column
the following?:

int value = table.getItemId().getBigDecimal().toBigInteger().intValue();

If so, is there any reason not to have an additional accessor, like

int value = table.getItemIdAsInt();

Isn't this a common use of the data in an integer column?

BTW, in looking for the turbiner-user mail archive, it looks like this
list is not currently being archived on either mail-archive.com or
marc.theaimsgroup.com. geocrawler is down right now so I can't check
there. Is turbine-user (and turbine-dev for that matter) available
somewhere in a searchable format? I'd be happy to patch the mailing
list doc with more info if anyone can provide some..

Thanks,
Greg