Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/26 14:41:50 UTC

[text] Text-27 Moving StringEscapeUtils into text

I’ve got a couple of questions here.

(1) We’ve established that text can depend upon lang so, I’m going to leave references to “StringUtils” in text.
(2) The unit test for StringEscapeUtils uses io. Do we want to declare io as a test dependency or not? If not, then I’ll work around that need, as it seems to only be in a single location. It feels like moving the file reader toString should probably come over as its a single usage currently. If we find we want more usages of io, then I’ll declare that and retrofit the tests with the old io usage.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [text] Text-27 Moving StringEscapeUtils into text

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Robert,

Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 26. Nov. 2016 um
15:42 Uhr:

> I’ve got a couple of questions here.
>
> (1) We’ve established that text can depend upon lang so, I’m going to
> leave references to “StringUtils” in text.

agreed.

> (2) The unit test for StringEscapeUtils uses io. Do we want to declare io
> as a test dependency or not? If not, then I’ll work around that need, as it
> seems to only be in a single location. It feels like moving the file reader
> toString should probably come over as its a single usage currently. If we
> find we want more usages of io, then I’ll declare that and retrofit the
> tests with the old io usage.

Just declare a dependency in scope test.

Regards,
Benedikt