Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by filippo dipisa <fi...@dipisa.net> on 2012/06/26 11:49:03 UTC

flex testing architecture

Hi All,
I'm having a look to the Flex source code and it seems that Adobe didn't
use TDD or I don't see the ALL tests.
For example I think that each spark component should have his related test
but I don't see them.
I found some tests based on script but just for few properties.
Is there any documentation explaining how the test architecture/strategy
works out there?

Is there any plan to mavenize everything?

Thanks in advance.

Filippo

Re: flex testing architecture

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'm having a look to the Flex source code and it seems that Adobe didn't use TDD
That would be my educated guess as well.

> or I don't see the ALL tests.
Not all of the tests have been donated yet. We have the check in tests and the button tests but the rest are still to come. The button tests are fairly comprehensive. The rest of the tests should be donated in a few weeks (fingers crossed).

> Is there any documentation explaining how the test architecture/strategy
> works out there?
Alex put some notes up on the wiki, but more info would be helpful I think.

> Is there any plan to mavenize everything?
It's being worked one, search the mailing list for info.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: flex testing architecture

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Is there any documentation about the Mustella framework?

There's a small amount here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/FLEX/mustella-overview.html

Doing an "ant checkintests" or a " mini_run.sh tests/components/Button" gives you a good idea how it runs.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: flex testing architecture

Posted by filippo dipisa <fi...@dipisa.net>.
I agree with you.
I cheked out your FlexUnit source code to try to help improving the
UUIImpersonator.

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.