Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/17 16:36:10 UTC

Re: [TinkerPop] Re: [RELEASED] Apache TinkerPop 3.0.1-incubating (A Gremlin Rāga in 7/16 Time)

Hi David,

After you update, can you please tell us your experience. As Stephen mentioned, this release is backwards compatible for "users," but for "vendors" (languages/systems), a few test case renames/etc. might cause a burp here and there.

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Posted by David Brown <da...@gmail.com>.
The other slightly weird thing is that I usually pass the mime length as
the "\x10" hex, but when I do this with the authentication method
(substitute this for the "16" in the message from the previous post), the
server throws an error "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
cannot be cast to [B
".

I think these problems have to do with serialization on my end, but a bit
of clarification would be great!

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
Nice to see you're getting authentication working in your python lib -
cool!  If you're using the default gremlin-server-secure.yaml, I'm pretty
sure the credentials graph comes pre-configured with that user.  Are you
literally passing that "sasl" key value that way?  If so, that could be the
problem....that value should be encoded as a UTF-8 byte array (not a
string).  That string you have should rather be:

[0,115,116,101,112,104,101,110,0,112,97,115,115,119,111,114,100]

I hope that's the solution to the problem....

Posted by David Brown <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by David Brown <da...@gmail.com>.
Will do!