Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Shadi Saleh <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/04 16:22:56 UTC

Depth option

Hello,

I want to check this point please.

I am using crawl to crawl www.example.com with depth =1 option, So if that
website contains url to other website e.g. www.example2.com nutch will not
crawl it , is it enogh to use depth option or should I use url filer?

Best

--

*Shadi SalehPh.D StudentInstitute of Formal and Applied LinguisticsFaculty
of Mathematics and Physics*

*16017 Prague 6 - Czech Republic Mob +420773515578*

Re: Depth option

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.
Shadi,

I am not sure what will be the case if example.com itself has external
links,I think it will fetch those with depth 1,but  if you want to disbale
the fetching of external links , just set the external.links property to
false,you dont need any url filter set up if you do so.

Depth option

Posted by Adil Ishaque Abbasi <ai...@gmail.com>.
I believe you need to clean it.

Regards
Adil I. Abbasi

Re: Depth option

Posted by Shadi Saleh <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adil,

Re: Depth option

Posted by Adil Ishaque Abbasi <ai...@gmail.com>.

RE: Depth option

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
I would recommend to use the domain-urlfilter, it is the most straightforward method of controlling the list of hosts in the crawldb.